CAMBERWELL HOCKEY CLUB
FACILITIES MANAGER (Part–time paid position)
Camberwell Hockey Club is seeking to employ a part-time Facilities Manager.
The Facilities Manager will oversee our club’s facilities and ground at Matlock Reserve, including maintenance, cleaning and canteen services.
Expressions of interest are sought from members and friends of the Camberwell Hockey Club community for this position.
The Facilities Manager will be the first point of call for all matters relating to our facilities. There is an expectation that the person will be the primary contact for club facilities on a 24 hour basis in case of an emergency.
Other key responsibilities are
- Managing the efficient operation of the club’s canteen, with the help of canteen employees and volunteers. This includes the documentation of canteen processes, ordering of supplies, compliance with relevant regulations, and promotion of the canteen to our members and visitors.
- Managing the grounds at Matlock. This includes managing ground bookings as well as ensuring the grounds are maintained in an optimal manner. The person will respond to maintenance requests, sourcing trades assistance as required, and schedule regular working bees with members.
- Managing the clubrooms at Matlock, ensuring they are cleaned regularly (by a contract cleaner) and maintained in an optimal manner. This includes being the primary contact on match days – either in person or able to be contacted. The person will also work closely with the Ground Development Sub-committee in relation to planning and the transition to temporary premises in mid-2015.
- Preparing an audit of all club assets for the Board by end March 2015
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following behaviours and skills,
- Be proactive, a self-starter who can make decisions (when needed) and get things done. Ideally this person would possess sufficient “handy person” skills to complete basic maintenance tasks, such as fixing hinges, light globes, basic repairs etc.
- Be confident in their communication with others - face to face, phone and computer, and possess proficient computer skills
- Have experience working with / co-ordinating volunteers and understand their significant contribution
- Be prepared to get involved and roll up their sleeves to get things done when required
- Have an understanding of hockey, sporting clubs and members’ expectations.
It is envisaged that the hours will fluctuate depending on the time of year. During the Winter season, it is expected the role may be up to 20 hours per week, and in the Summer the role may demand 10-12 hours per week. There is an expectation the person will demonstrate flexibility in relation to hours required.
The position will report to the Club Secretary, and will be a part time position initially for 12 months. The position will commence in January 2015.
Expressions of interest for the Facilities Manager position are invited. Please send your application to email@example.com by Friday November 28th.
Please ensure you address the person specifications (outlined in the position description) in your application and provide evidence of experience relating to the key responsibilities of the position.